Not Gonna Die...

Today marks the one year anniversary of the death of the son of a dear friend in ministry.  His struggle with depression was a deep one, and his life ended way too soon.  We celebrate the fact that he is now with Jesus in heaven, but it is a sobering reminder of the dark world that we live in.  A world where the only light is that of Jesus Christ.

If you are, or have been, in a very dark place in life, you are not alone.  There are millions of people who struggle with depression and anxiety in it's many forms.  The biggest lie that Satan wants you to believe is that you are alone in your struggle.  I struggle with this lie every day of my life.  However, the Lord reminds us in Deut. 31 & Hebrews 13, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”  God is with us, even when we may feel hurt or forsaken by people.  However, don't be afraid to reach out to those around you and ask for help.

This song came out during one of the lowest points for me during this past year.  It has become my anthem, and still gives me chills when I hear it.  Skillet Music, thank you for writing this... it has been something to remind me that even though Satan pushes us to just give up, the Lord wants to fight for us... that we will not just lay down and give up.  We must continue to fight for ourselves, and those around us...


Comments