Who's on The Throne?


“But the LORD sits enthroned forever; he has established his throne for justice,
and he judges the world with righteousness; he judges the peoples with uprightness.
The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.”  --Psalm 9:7-10 (ESV)

 I read this passage in Psalms early this morning, and was taken aback by how often I neglect this fact.  No matter what happens in our world, God has never left His throne.  He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.  Too often, I try to put myself on that throne...and that never works out well.  I worry, I fret, I…well, you get the picture…there’s too much “I” in the mix. 

I am reminded that I cannot do anything on my own.  I need to run to the stronghold, the rock that is Jesus, for my strength and guidance.  He tells us over and over that He will not forsake (walk away from) those who trust in Him. 

I found an old letter from my grandmother this morning.  Her closing remark was just a further word from the Lord this morning, “He always supplies our needs if we just ask Him, whether great or small.”  It never ceases to amaze me how God will speak from His word, and then affirm it with wisdom from Godly people in our lives.  Even though my grandmother is now in heaven, her words of wisdom still hold true.  I pray that you will see God’s love in the scripture this week!

Comments