Strength


Where is your strength today?  We are constantly bombarded by ways to make our bodies “stronger,” to “strengthen” our retirement fund, or shampoo ads that tell us how to have “strong” hair.  We see the word so often that we often find ourselves believing that our own strength is up to us.  If we go to the right gym, retirement planner, and make proper choices in the shampoo aisle, we should be “strong,” right?  Of course, this is false…but where does true strength come from? 

Webster’s defines strength as:  the quality or state of being strong, capacity for exertion or endurance, or the power to resist force.”  Honestly, being strong on our own is a complete illusion that man has come up with.  None of us can be strong at all times, and in all situations.  From the strongest athletes or the brightest minds in our society, to those regarded as “lowly”…when it comes to our spiritual condition, we are ALL weak.

 Throughout the Bible, we see kings and queens, prophets, servants, and even Jesus himself seek and find their true strength in the power of God.  Like King David, we need to remember that the true source of strength in our lives is the Lord.  I pray that you find comfort in shelter of the Almighty today!

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.   The LORD is the strength of his people;  he is the saving refuge of his anointed.  Oh, save your people and bless your heritage!  Be their shepherd and carry them forever.” -- Psalm 28:7-9 ESV

Comments